Maintaining a healthy mouth is essential to the successful outcome of your cosmetic treatment. To help avoid any problems and ensure you keep a healthy smile follow the steps below twice a day。
Step 1: Gum Margins
Take a single tufted brush and place it on the gum margin. Use a small circular motion to clean the area where the gum meets the teeth & implants. Now repeat on the inside of the teeth. Time: 1 minute.
Step 2: Tooth Surfaces
Squeeze a small amount of VITIS Gingival Toothpaste onto your brush and place it where the tooth and the gum meet. Press firmly till the gum blanches and use a small circular motion to clean the teeth and gums. Next clean the biting surfaces and then brush the inside edge of the teeth and gums in the same way. Time: 2 minutes.
You may also find it useful to use:
- The VITIS Implant Angular which provides improved access to the internal surfaces, particularly towards the back of the mouth.
- The VITIS Implant Sulcular which is ideal for cleaning the exposed head of implants.
Step 3: Between the Teeth
Take a small interdental brush and insert gently between the teeth/implant. Importantly do not force the brush and if unsure of the appropriate size consult your dentist or hygienist. Time: 1 minute.
- After eating or between brushing rinse with 15ml of undiluted VITIS Gingival Mouthwash. Do not rinse with water and avoid eating or drinking immediately after use.
- During the first week chew a disclosing tablet daily for 30 seconds to ensure that you are cleaning properly, after which point you should disclose once a week. Whilst using, spit out any excess and use your brush to thoroughly remove the new plaque stained red and the old plaque which will appear blue.
- Visit your dentist for a professional clean every 6 months.
- Following oral surgery you are at heightened risk of infection from oral pathogens. It is important that you take extra special care of your gums prior to and immediately following implant treatment.