Dental implants are a stable and long-lasting solution to the loss of natural teeth, however they require more care. This is because implants are artificial meaning they have fewer defence mechanisms to fight against an infection.
Therefore, the success of an implant and the prevention of a peri-implant pathology is dependent on the absence of complications in the operative and maintenance phases as well as the daily oral hygiene carried out by the individual.
Immediately after surgery it is recommended to follow these tips:
- Wait until the anaesthetic has passed before you decide to eat something.
- The day after placement, rinse gently with a specific mouthwash and avoid brushing the area.
- To relieve swelling in the first 72 hours, apply a cold compress with light pressure on the affected area.
- Avoid smoking and intense physical activity during the first few days.
For the post-surgery stage, VITIS offers different products with the same objective which is to help people with dental implants maintain good oral health:
- VITIS implant toothbrush – for hygiene, care and protection of dental implants.
- VITIS implant monotip – for the elimination of bacterial plaque in small spaces such as bars and screws etc.
- VITIS implant sulcular – for the removal of bacterial plaque from the gingival sulcus and peri-implant sulcus.
- VITIS implant angular – for the elimination of bacterial plaque by the palatal or lingual faces of implants.
Categorised in: Implant