Without proper care, your toothbrush may become exposed to bacteria, transforming your cleaning instrument into a source of potential infections.
The natural environment of the toothbrush is the bathroom, the place where you tend to accumulate germs. Therefore it is advised to take care of your toothbrush, clean it and store it properly. This will ensure that it takes care of your oral hygiene with every brushing. Below you will find handy tips to take care of your toothbrush.
Before brushing your teeth
- Do not share your toothbrush with anyone.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or when the bristles become worn.
- Before brushing, you can rinse your toothbrush using an antiseptic mouthwash such as VITIS gingival which will ensure that your toothbrush is in the best conditions to clean your mouth.
Cleaning and storing after brushing
- When you have finished brushing your teeth, rinse the brush with plenty of clean water to ensure that no food or paste remains between your filaments.
- Shake vigorously to remove excess water and let it dry upright.
- If you share storage space with other toothbrushes, make sure that your filaments do not touch each other.
- It is recommended to have a suitable protective hygiene cap with ventilation holes covering your toothbrush head. This will protect your brush from dust and bacteria, especially when travelling. All VITIS toothbrushes come with a cap.
- Keep your toothbrush as far away as possible from the toilet area and try to pull the chain with the lid down. Using the cap will protect your toothbrush from environmental contamination.
Categorised in: Implant