It is advisable to take care of your children’s mouth from the first months of life and not just when their first teeth start to grow.
Here are some tips to ensure a good oral hygiene from birth.
- Clean your baby’s gums using a clean, moist gauze.
- Use a toothpaste which contains the appropriate level of fluoride content depending on the age of your child.
- Children should brush their teeth twice a day using a suitable toothbrush. Use a toothbrush with a small brush head, soft filaments and a thick ergonomic handle. It is necessary to remove food debris and bacterial plaque after each meal to prevent the appearance of decay.
- Do not overuse the pacifier and avoid sucking of the fingers. These habits negatively affect the development of the jaw, the position of the teeth and the bite. The pacifier should not be used beyond a year.
- Avoid consuming products with large quantities of sugar.
- Visit the dentist at least once a year.
Categorised in: Children's