It is advised to follow a complete oral hygiene in order to prevent caries. This is because caries is an infectious disease caused by several factors that originate in hard dental tissues. These factors are the following:
- Guest – the anatomy and dental morphology of each person, as well as the decrease in salivary flow, changes in the composition of saliva and poor oral hygiene can lead to the development of caries.
- Bacteria – when we eat foods with sugar, the cariogenic bacteria decompose them and produce acids that attack the enamel of the tooth.
- Diet – the abuse of sugars and the frequency of intake causes the bacteria to lower pH values, which in turn triggers the formation of caries.
- Time – a continuous demineralization of the enamel causes the appearance of caries.
Recommended oral hygiene products for decay prevention:
- Use a toothbrush – which can adapt to the needs of your mouth, such as a VITIS toothbrush, and follow appropriate brushing techniques.
- Brush your teeth with VITIS anti-caries toothpaste – which contains fluoride, xylitol and hydroxyapatite nanoparticles. The use of fluoride promotes the remineralization of dental enamel for greater hardness and strength. Xylitol reduces the formation of buccal biofilm, stimulates the production of saliva and favours the neutralization of acidic pH. Lastly, hydroxyapatite nanoparticles are deposited on the tooth enamel to repair grooves, cracks and imperfections. The particles form a protective layer resistant to the attack of acids present in the diet which erode and weaken tooth enamel over time.
- Interproximal cleaning – this requires cleaning the space between the teeth which easily accumulates buccal biofilm causing the development of caries and periodontal diseases. Interproximal cleaning can be achieved using interproximal brushes, silks, dental tapes and oral irrigators. Only use interproximal brushes which have filaments of high quality and are wire coated to ensure no damage will be caused to the teeth and gums. Silks and dental tapes should be made of resistant material which does not break when passing the teeth. Furthermore, oral irrigators generate a pulsating jet of water to help eliminate bacteria in the teeth, gums, tongue and hard to reach places.
- VITIS anti-caries mouthwash – protects and repairs enamel by reaching the interior of the damaged surface thanks to the action of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles. Its formula also incorporates fluoride and xylitol, for superior prevention of dental caries.
Categorised in: Decay Prevention